Welcome to our blog!! We are learning to decorate cakes and loving every minute of it!! Join us by following our journey of designing and decorating cakes! Thanks for your interest and let us know what you think of our cakes by leaving a comment! -- Margie and Joy

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ben's Birthday Cake - 2012

Benjamin's Birthday Cake
Ben's birthday is always around the same time as a major conference at the college my kids go to.  I usually make a cake and send it up for him.  The problem is we are usually packing to go and we usually have to make something quick and simple.  This year I planned to make the time to make a nicer cake, but woke up that morning SO sick.  I was a little upset, but after a LOT of sleep, I started working.  I made all the parts of the cake while Joy packed.  She would have to take all the parts and put the cake together in a motel room.

The cake is triple chocolate with cream cheese frosting.  The fish, sign, rocks, cattails are all made from a homemade marshmallow fondant. 




No comments:

Post a Comment