Welcome to our blog!! We are learning to decorate cakes and loving every minute of it!! Join us by following our journey of designing and decorating cakes! Thanks for your interest and let us know what you think of our cakes by leaving a comment! -- Margie and Joy

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Ugly Cake Contest at the Fair








Here is our entry for the Ugly Cake Contest at the Rock Island County Fair.
Joy and I won the blue ribbon and a best of show ribbon for this entry!




The trash can with trash was Joy's idea and from there we took off experimenting with what we could do. Some of these items we found out how to do them in books. We really didn't find much online, so the rest we made up as we went along. Everything you see is edible! We both felt this was one of the best cake we ever made... it was so much fun!!

We also won the top two places for our cakes. Joy won the blue ribbon and the best of show with her heart fondant cake. I placed second under Joy with my daisy basket cake. Joy also won the blue ribbon with her tea cup cupcakes. I won a blue ribbon with my whale cookie. (You can see pictures of these entries in earlier postings.)

This was a really great experience for us. It really pushed us to a new level of cake decorating!!

5 comments:

  1. You two are spectacular with your cake making. I really enjoy looking at all your creations. Thanks for posting so we can all enjoy seeing your hard work and beautiful cakes.

    Marlene Heagle
    Kankakee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake is amazing!!! Simply wonderfully creative!!! It's like nothing I've seen before! Awesome work! I enjoy seeing all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cake! I can't see how it can be ugly, it is too cute! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete