Welcome to our blog!! We are learning to decorate cakes and loving every minute of it!! Join us by following our journey of designing and decorating cakes! Thanks for your interest and let us know what you think of our cakes by leaving a comment! -- Margie and Joy

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Story




My daughter Joy and I began a new journey of cake decorating about a year ago - early fall of 2009.

Although I had always decorated cakes for my children and their birthdays (and other small events), I wanted to learn more. I have some natural born artistic talent that I have never really taken the time to develop in any one area. I love to paint, draw, sew, design, decorate, and create all kinds of things, but I have never mastered any one thing. I have always had a desire to master a skill or two in my life time, but the Lord had other plans. I met the man of my dreams, and together we started a family. I LOVE being a mom, but while our children were young, it left little time for me to truly develop these skills !!

When my daughters were little, I bought them an Easy Bake Oven at a yard sale. I had always wanted one when I was young, so this was kind of a special treat for me too! I would let them bake cakes and decorate them. When they were older, I started teaching them some of the simple techniques of cake decorating with their little easy bake cakes. With this small oven began Joy's love and desire to learn to decorate cakes.

The year after Joy completed high school, she worked for a year to save for college. We talked about taking a cake decorating class then, but it never happened! We were so busy! She was working and I was still homeschooling 3 children. After she finished her two year degree, and came home for a year, we again decided to take a class... but again, it did not happen! Life gets busy, and things that are not as important, get put on the back burner.

Then last year, we saw an advertisement for cake classes - HALF OFF. Those of you who know me, know I can't pass up a good DEAL! So, we went and signed up. The rest is history. The more time we spend designing and decorating cakes, the more we fall in love with cake decorating. We are not professionals, but some day... maybe... I will have mastered one thing in my life!! This blog is to keep a 'diary' of this journey and to share it with our friends!

Many thanks to our friends for your continued encouragement... and for eating our many experiments!

1 comment:

  1. Margie -

    Your cakes are gorgeous! I wish you lived closer so that I could order from you.

    Thank you for the lovely pictures.

    ~Belinda

    ReplyDelete